In this episode Scott Lynch (Managing Director of Community Therapy) and Jodeane Anderson, (Registered Nurse and Case Manager at Novacare).
Scott is Chair of the Australian Physiotherapy Association’s NSW Gerontology Committee and Managing Director of Community Therapy; a company he started 5 years ago that has grown to a team of 70 Physios, OTs, Dietitians, Speech Pathologists and Massage Therapists. Community Therapy delivers values-driven community, aged and disability allied health services across the Hunter and Central Coast regions of NSW.
Jodeanne Anderson is a registered nurse and case manager working with community aged care provider Novacare.
Jodeanne has a wealth of experience in the aged care industry working as a home care manager, operations manager, regional manager, residential aged care facility manager and also worked as a NDIS team leader within the Local Area Coordinator program.
Jodeanne realised that what she loves the most is working directly with clients, so in her own words “So here I am, in my element”.
Mark Twain was quoted to say – Find a job you enjoy, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Now of course this may not be the whole story as I’m sure if you gave plenty of people 10 million dollars, you may find them not working anymore. However you do see people that are in a position not to work that engage with social initiatives, volunteering, serving on boards etc as human beings love to be connected to a community. So it’s funny that often people that don’t need to work, still do!
So we recognise that even the greatest jobs have hard days, tough moments, days where you just want to give up. Maybe this is why it is important to love what you do, as that passion fuels your resilience, fuels your desire to do great things and improve
So this is the topic for today’s chat – all things finding your career passion, enjoying your job and finding balance in your job.
Things you will learn
- How to take time to reflect on your career pathway
- How important a formal or informal mentor/coach is
- Thoughts on upcoming aged care reforms
- Strategies to consider for your wellbeing and stress management
- LinkedIn – Scott Lynch https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottlynchct/
- LinkedIn – Jodeane Anderson – https://www.linkedin.com/in/jodeane-anderson-724ba17b/
- Aged Care Reforms – https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/aged-care-reforms
- Insight Timer – https://insighttimer.com/en-au
- Calm App – https://www.calm.com/