- Aged Care
- My Account
- View All Courses
- Manual Handling Training
- All Manual Handling Courses
- Infection Control
- Pressure Injury Care
- Mid Cost AT
- Introduction to the AN-ACC
- Prescribing Ramps
- Prescribing Grab Rails & Handrails
- Prescribing Electric Profiling Beds
- Prescribing Pressure Cushions
- Scoring the Waterlow Pressure Ulcer Risk Assessment
- Industry Update – Changes to NDIS Home Modifications
- Posture Positive Home & Office Ergonomics
- NDIS 101
Mobile Allied Health Services
Community Therapy has been serving the residents of Mayfield since our inception in 2016. Founded by Novocastrians, our focus is to serve the disability and aged communities in Mayfield and other suburbs of Newcastle.
We offer Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Dietetics and Massage services for those living with physical and neurological disabilities, as well as those recovering from surgery at home. Our clinicians are highly committed to helping our clients achieve their goals and living their best life.
Mobile throughout Mayfield
Who Can Engage Community Therapy
We proudly work with adults (over 18) under a range of capacities, we proudly partner with
- NDIS participants & coordinators
- Homecare package providers and consumers
- Private paying individuals
- Residents of aged care facilities
- DVA clients
- Short term restorative care providers
7 Notable Features of Community Therapy
- Clinical excellence, compassion, and professional service – these are some of the attributes that have helped Community Therapy become an established partner with residential aged care facilities, home care providers and NDIS organisations
- We are NDIS registered and were certified by SAI Global against the NDIS practice standards
- All our clinicians hold public and professional indemnity insurance. We also have current criminal records and working with children checks.
- We work with each of our clients to achieve meaningful goals. We use evidence-based testing tools to record baseline measurements.
- We offer comprehensive assessments. This includes SIL, SDA, Functional Capacity and Home Modification reports. We plan all re-assessments in advance to safeguard our clients long term plans
- Our services include providing necessary information to care staff, such as manual handling training for new assistive equipment, as well as education that will help them care for that person
- Community Therapy promotes both in-house and external professional development to its staff. This helps us remain up to date with current evidence, leading to a higher quality of service for our clients
Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy in Mayfield
We primarily offer Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy under the funding schemes listed at the top of this page.
We are typically contacted to provide:
Our client offering includes:
- Assistive Technology (NDIS)– wheelchairs, custom seating, beds, shower and bathroom aids and equipment, and other activity assistive equipment such as scooters.
- Home modifications – rails, ramps, stair climbers, platform lifts and bathroom renovations, including the scope of works, plans and quotes.
- Occupational Therapy – skill build, assessments, equipment prescription, trials & reviews
- Physiotherapy – helping people improve their physical capacity through graded rehabilitation programs and diagnosis and management of pain
- Residential aged care – contracted Physiotherapy & Pain Management Program – we handle recruitment, training, leave coverage and integrating with the internal care team as appropriate
People We’ve Helped in Mayfield
We met a lovely 76 year old lady who was a resident of a local aged care facility.
In 2019, she suffered a stroke. She had slight residual weakness on the left side of her body, as well as visual neglect- which lead to multiple falls at home. After a major fall in December 2019, she was admitted to a hospital for treatment, but unfortunately was deemed not suitable for rehabilitation.
She was discharged to an aged care facility on sling transfers with two nursing staff for assistance, which is a significant decline from her previous function of walking with a 4WW and standby assistance.
We received the referral and commenced therapy sessions with the lady on the 5th of March 2020.
With persistent effort and Physiotherapy sessions twice per week, by the 28th of April 2020, the lady was able to complete 9 sit-to-stands to a Stedy Eddy with only standby assistance!
Furthermore, she is capable of standing for 15 minutes on a Stedy Eddy with standby assistance as well. At the time of writing this we were commencing work on transitioning to building up the ability to walk again!
Contact Community Therapy Today
With years of experience working in Mayfield, we have become a trusted part of the community offering support, care, openness and expert Physiotherapy, Occupational and Dietetics services to all that require our help.
During the first call, we will go through a questionnaire to ensure that we are an appropriate provider of the necessary services. Our focus is for that person to receive the very best and appropriate clinical care.
We are able to see people regardless of their property type and ownership, we can visit homes, group homes, specialist accommodation, aged care facilities and other property types.
We’d love to hear from you, contact Community Therapy and share with us how we can help.