The ability to confidently assess and prescribe grab rails and handrails within the home environment is a core skill for Occupational Therapists working with clients within the community setting.
This on-demand training is approximately 30 minutes (26 minutes to be exact!) and covers:
- Introduction to Grab Rails versus Handrails
- The influence of Australian Standards on design and positioning
- Assessment of Person, Environment & Alternatives
- Considerations for handrails and grab rails in primary areas of the home including access and bathrooms
- Recommendations including a sample scope of works
The license of this course also includes a downloadable resource – Sample Scope of Works for Handrails and Grab Rails.