In this episode Scott Lynch (Managing Director of Community Therapy) and Hayley Ryan, (Wounds Clinical Nurse Consultant and Director at Wound Rescue) discuss wound care in the aged care and disability sectors.
Scott is Chair of the Australian Physiotherapy Association’s NSW Gerontology Committee and Managing Director of Community Therapy; a company he started 5 years ago that has grown to a team of 70 Physios, OTs, Dietitians, Speech Pathologists and Massage Therapists. Community Therapy delivers values-driven community, aged and disability allied health services across the Hunter and Central Coast regions of NSW.
Hayley Ryan is a wounds clinical nurse consultant and director at Wound Rescue. Hayley also services on the board of Wounds Australia.
Hayley has a wealth of experience in the aged care industry working across the residential and community aged care sector for over a decade!
Things you will learn
- what Wound Rescue does as an organisation
- signs and symptoms to focus on
- when to refer on to a specialist
- importance of MDT approach to wound care
- innovative products in wound care
- wound care awareness week
- LinkedIn – Scott Lynch – https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottlynchct/
- LinkedIn – Hayley Ryan – https://www.linkedin.com/in/hayley-ryan-woundrescue/
- Wound Rescue – https://woundrescue.com.au/
- Wounds Australia – https://www.woundsaustralia.com.au/